Become a Virginia Notary Public
Virginia Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Virginia is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Virginia notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of Virginia Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Virginia, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Virginia Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in VirginiaStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Virginia
1. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements to become a notary in Virginia (see below).
2. Complete and print the Virginia Notary Application. The name on the application and commission must match the name on your state issued ID.
3. Pay the $45 application fee. Keep your emailed receipt for step 4.
4. Have your signature on the application notarized.
5. Mail your signed and notarized application, along with your receipt, to the Secretary of the Commonwealth's office.
6. Once your application is approved, you will be notified within 2-3 weeks.
7. Within 60 days of notice, you must go to the Circuit Court to take your oath of office and pay the $10 filing fee.
8. Buy your Virginia notary stamp.
Congratulations! You are now a Virginia notary public!