How to Become a Massachusetts Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Massachusetts
- Complete the Online Massachusetts Notary Training Course (highly recommended)
- Please do not call the Commissions Division with questions concerning your application as the constitutionally mandated appointing authority for all Notaries Public is the Governor, through the Executive Council. All questions concerning Notary Public applications should be directed to that office at 617-725-4030.
- Download the notary application.
- Completely fill out the application.
- Have an attorney and 3 Massachusetts residents (18 years or older) endorse your application.
- Send the application to: Notary Public Dept.State House, Room 184 Boston, MA 02133
- It will take 2-3 weeks to process.
- You will receive instructions on how to finish the process (oath and fee details).
- If you have any questions call 1-617-725-4030
Massachusetts Notary Supplies