Become a Washington D.C. Notary Public
Washington D.C. Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Washington D.C. is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Washington D.C. notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of Washington D.C. Notary Public Training
As a notary public in the District of Columbia, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The District of Columbia Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in Washington D.C.Step-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Washington DC Notary Public
How to Become a Notary Public in Washington DC Step-by-Step Guide
1. Complete the Washington D.C. Notary Public Application.
2. Upload an original Letter of Request, which should express the need for you to become a notary. More information is available in the DC Notary Handbook.
3. Pay the $75 fee.
4. Once your application has been approved, you must attend a mandatory orientation session covering the applicable notary laws, rules, regulations and policies in the District. You will be notified of the dates and times of the next two orientation sessions.
5. After you have completed your orientation session, you will receive your Appointment Notice. You cannot purchase DC notary supplies until you have received your Appointment Notice.
7. Take your completed bond and your notary supplies to the ONCA office to complete and take the oath of office.
8. Receive your Certificate of Appointment.
Congratulations! You are now a Washington DC notary public!