How to Become a Rhode Island Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Rhode Island
- Complete the Online Rhode Island Notary Training Course (not required)
- Call 1-401-222-1487 and request a NOTARY PUBLIC application.
- Completely fill out the application.
- Send or take the application to the Board of Canvassers in your city or town to verify residency and voter eligibility.
- Have the application notarized by a commissioned notary.
- Pursuant to state law, the filing fee is $80.00.
- Checks must be made payable to the Secretary of State. Return application with filing fee to Office of the Secretary of State, Corporations Division, Notary Public Section, 148 W. River Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02904-2615.
- The Notary Section can be reached at 222-1487, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- You will receive your Notary Commission in the mail in approximately three (3) weeks.
- Make a copy of your commission and send it to Notary.net and get your official stamp and seal. Order a journal if you do not already have one.
Rhode Island Notary Supplies