Become a New York Notary Public
New York Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of New York is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a New York notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of New York Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of New York, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The New York Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what you need to know to pass the New York Notary Exam and how to protect yourself as a notary.
How to Become a Notary Public in New YorkStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a New York Notary Public
1. Take our New York Notary Online Course to prepare for the New York Notary Exam, or study New York's Notary Public License Law.
2. Take the New York Notary Exam. The exam is Pass/Fail.
- Bring $15 and your ID to the test site. For more information, see Notary Public Walk-In Examination Schedule and Exam Information. Exam topics include Notary license law and the general terms and duties of a New York Notary.
3. Once you receive your exam pass slip, complete the New York Notary Application.
- You will need to take your Oath of Office before a Notary. The Notary Search feature from Notary Rotary can help you to contact a Notary.
4. Send the completed application, oath of office forms, exam pass slip, and $65 fee to:
NYS Department of State
The Division of Licensing Services
PO Box 22001
Albany, NY 12201-2001
5. Receive your New York Notary ID card.
6. Order your New York Notary stamp and other Notary supplies with us.
Congratulations! You are now a New York Notary Public!