Become an Illinois Notary Public
Illinois Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Illinois is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become an Illinois notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of Illinois Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Illinois, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Illinois Notary Online Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in IllinoisStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Illinois
1. Complete the Online Illinois Notary Training Course (not required).
2. Purchase an Illinois Notary bond and application. Your Notary application is included on the bond form. We fill out the bond section of your Notary application; you complete the application. You can view a sample Illinois Notary bond and application here: Illinois Notary Public Application Checklist/Notary Public Application.
3. Bring your application to an Illinois Notary, who will administer the Oath and notarize your application.
4. Photocopy both sides of your driver's license or other state-issued ID and attach it to your application.
5. Submit your application with the copy of your ID, and the $15 filing fee.
7. Receive your commission from the Secretary of State.