Become a Michigan Notary Public
Michigan Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Michigan is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Michigan notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
The Importance of Michigan Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Michigan, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Michigan Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in MichiganStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Michigan
1. Purchase a Michigan notary bond.
2. Complete the Notary Public Commission Application. To avoid any delays, make sure the name on your application exactly matches the name on your state-issued ID.
3. Bring your bond and your printed notary application to your county clerk. Pay the $10 filing fee and take your oath of office with the county clerk.
4. Upload your completed application and pay the $10 processing fee via Online Services or send it by mail to:
Michigan Department of State
Office of the Great Seal
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918
5. Buy a Michigan notary stamp.
Congratulations! You are now a Michigan notary public!