Become a Florida Notary Public
Florida Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Florida is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Florida notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
If you want to become a notary public in Florida, or need notary public supplies, trust Notary.net to deliver high-quality supplies and support.
How to Become a Notary Public in FloridaStep-by-Step Instructions
Become a Florida Notary
1. Take a 3 hour Florida Notary training course. The Florida Department of State offers a free online Notary Education Program.
2. Purchase a Florida Notary Package for $99 from Notaryrotary.com. The Florida Notary Package includes:
- Your new or renewing Florida Notary application
- A Florida Notary bond
- A Florida Notary stamp
3. Complete the application. You will need a person who has known you for more than one year to complete the Affidavit of Character.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, have had adjudication withheld, or are currently on probation, you must submit the following with your application: A written statement regarding the nature and circumstances of the charges, a copy of the Judgment and Sentencing Order, and, if convicted, a copy of the Certification of Restoration of Civil Rights (or pardon).
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must get an Application of Domicile form from the county clerk.
4. Swear the oath of office on the application, and sign the bond form.
5. Send your application to us by mail. We will forward your application to the State.
6. Once your application has been approved, we will send you your Notary commission certificate.
You are now a Florida Notary Public!