How to Become an Indiana Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Indiana
A seal must be used in all official acts of the notary public.
- Complete the Online Indiana Notary Training Course
- Fill out the application.
- After the application has been completed, the applicant shall personally appear before an officer authorized to administer oaths, who shall administer the oath of the office to the applicant.
- The applicant shall secure an official bond with freehold or corporate security, to be approved by the Secretary of State, in the sum of five thousand dollars ($5000). The bond shall be conditioned upon the faithful performance and discharge of duties of the office of the notary public, for the use by any person injured by a breach of the notary's duties.
- Each application requires a $11.22 fee. Each duplicate commission also requires a five dollar ($5) fee. Fees are payable by check or money order.