As a notary public in the State of Idaho, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Idaho Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It's less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Idaho Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Idaho
Step by Step Instructions
- Complete the Online Idaho Notary Training Course (not required)
- Purchase an Idaho Notary Bond
- Complete the Idaho Notary Application form and pay the $30 fee. Include the bond with the application. The applicant's signature must be notarized on the application.
- Wait for the state to send you the Notary Certificate. This certificate allows you to obtain a rubber stamp seal. The seal may contain ONLY the words "Notary Public," "State of Idaho" and the notary's name and NOTHING MORE (sample seals are shown on page 5 of the Notary Handbook). Idaho Notary Stamp seals can be purchased on this site. Effective October 1, 2018 all stamps must have "Notary Public," "State of Idaho," "The notary's name," "Notary commission number." The stamp MAY include "My commission expires" followed by the notary's expiration date.
- Submit all filings and fees to:
Secretary of State PO Box 83720 450 N 4th Street Boise ID 83720-0080